Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dive Bombing Bee

I've been happily lazy for the last week, but yesterday even with the threat of thunderstorms I needed to get out of the house and into nature, so I walked down the highway to Harris Beach again. As always, it was a beautiful walk on the beach, very peaceful and calming and satisfied my needs perfectly.

This is an empty lot right on the highway that has an incredible display of poppies and other wildflowers and I couldn't resist stopping to try and record them -- even with the lack of sunshine. I'm always a sucker for California Poppies and I'm glad that I finally live far enough south that they grow in profusion. But -- check out the bee that's frozen in time just left of center over the background of water. I wasn't sure what it was when I first saw this photo -- but it's clearly a bee if you look closely. Cool. Click on the photo to enlarge it -- see for yourself .

I promise to have more interesting posts coming up, but it may be a few days. We are due for thunderstorms the next couple of days, but I'm planning to hike with a local group on Saturday, so expect to have good photos and stories after that, as we're going in search of some rare plant up in the hills complete with old mines and great views.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment